Goal Setting Book
The book took 1 ½ years to write and had valuable input from over twenty-five people with advanced degrees in teaching and content development.
”……. I learned to never give up. It is important to have
pride in yourself and to try your hardest to achieve all
your goals.” Ryan Chase, student
“This goal setting book is for parents who want to show
their kids how to create a vision and then go after it – one step at a time. ”
- Julie Hood, Parent
“… It is organized, easy to implement, and it is
presented in a positive and affirming manner… Our
students learned THEY can make a difference in their lives.”
Georgia Bland, middle school principal
—- Share/Bookmark —
The book has eight chapters:
What is Success
Goal Setting principles
Samples and Practice
Investing on Yourself
Measuring Your Progress
Meeting the Challenge
With the Goal Setting for Students book (and PowerPoint presentations) students will learn:
• Five “YES! Count on Me” words that will change their lives.
• How they can help their teachers, and by extension, themselves
• The four key questions they need to ask when setting a goal.
• The six “Bummer Words” that can hold them back from reaching their full potential.
• Five ways they can check their progress toward reaching their goals.
• Five ways to stay positive and focused.
• The importance of helping others.
• How they can manage their time more effectively.
• Six ways to identify and overcome potential roadblocks.
• How they can increase their self-esteem.
• How they can take ownership of their educational responsibilities.
What is Goal Setting?
Goal setting is not easy; if it were everyone would be doing it. To-do lists are an important first step in learning how to use goal setting in your daily life.
To – do lists are NOT the same as setting goals. So what is the difference?
1. Goal setting provide purpose and direction.
2. Goals help us set priorities and stay motivated.
3. Goal setting is much more than writing a daily checklist.
4. Goal setting allows us to see the bigger picture and set in motion a plan to
fulfill your dreams.
5. Setting and achieving goals gives us a sense of ownership and pride.
6. Goals help us recognize our strengths, and areas that need further development.
7. Enthusiasm, a positive self image, focus and effective time management
are all by-products of a successful goal setting habit.
8. Having goals helps us make better choices in friends, schools, careers & relationships.
9. Goal setting will help YOU define your path to your future success.
10. Goal setting teaches you how to develop a plan, set a timetable and take action
on your dreams.
Discussion stimulating format on these life skills topics:
goal setting……respect……responsibility……determination……conquering your fears……making better decisions……minimizing excuses……educational ownership……setting priorities……taking action on your dreams…….developing a positive attitude
Price : $3.95
More Book Details
“… It is organized, easy to implement, and is presented in a positive and affirming manner…
Our students learned THEY can make a difference in their lives.”
Book: Goal Setting for Students
Price : $3.95
These Teaching Moment ideas can be download and distribute free. We only ask that you include the website address www.GoalSettingForStudents.com