Goal Setting for Teens
What will teenagers learn about:
goal setting respect determination conquering their fears
responsibility setting priorities minimizing excuses educational ownership
making better decisions taking action on your dreams developing a positive attitude
What’s Unique About this Goal Setting for Teens Program?
Most students get a brief description of goal setting in a 30 minute segment of a much larger program – i.e. anti-bullying, character education, drug prevention. How can a teenager learn to actually use these principles in 30 minutes? Impossible….The Goal Setting for Students program is broken into eight 30 – 45 minute segments that gives each student chapter information, examples, discussion stimulating questions, and “homework” to be discussed with their parents. Our Facebook page will give some examples of where the material is being used in and out of school.
This unique Goal Setting for Students book has eights school oriented chapters:
What is Success?……………Goal Setting Principles…………… Samples and Practice
Investing Yourself……………Measuring Your Progress……………Meeting the Challenge……………Summary
”……. I learned to never give up. It is important to have
pride in yourself and to try your hardest to achieve all
your goals.” Ryan Chase, student
“This goal setting book is for parents who want to show
their kids how to create a vision and then go after it – one step at a time. ”
- Julie Hood, Parent
“… It is organized, easy to implement, and it is
presented in a positive and affirming manner… Our
students learned THEY can make a difference in their lives.”
Georgia Bland, middle school principal
—- Share/Bookmark —
What is Goal Setting?
Goal setting is not easy; if it were everyone would be doing it. To-do lists are an important first step in learning how to use goal setting in your daily life.
To – do lists are NOT the same as setting goals. So what is the difference?
1. Goal setting provide purpose and direction.
2. Goals help us set priorities and stay motivated.
3. Goal setting is much more than writing a daily checklist.
4. Goal setting allows us to see the bigger picture and set in motion a plan to
fulfill your dreams.
5. Setting and achieving goals gives us a sense of ownership and pride.
6. Goals help us recognize our strengths, and areas that need further development.
7. Enthusiasm, a positive self image, focus and effective time management
are all by-products of a successful goal setting habit.
8. Having goals helps us make better choices in friends, schools, careers & relationships.
9. Goal setting will help YOU define your path to your future success.
10. Goal setting teaches you how to develop a plan, set a timetable and take action
on your dreams.
Discussion stimulating format on these life skills topics:
goal setting……respect……responsibility……determination……conquering your fears……making better decisions……minimizing excuses……educational ownership……setting priorities……taking action on your dreams…….developing a positive attitude
Price : $3.95
More Book Details
“… It is organized, easy to implement, and is presented in a positive and affirming manner…
Our students learned THEY can make a difference in their lives.”
Book: Goal Setting for Students
Price : $3.95
These Teaching Moment ideas can be download and distribute free. We only ask that you include the website address www.GoalSettingForStudents.com